Monday, January 9, 2012

It's been a long time...I shouldn't've left you....



If you're wondering what I've been up to and why in the world I haven't been catering to my first love - writing - it's because I've been cheating. But the cheating is for the better of our relationship (fellas that line never works in real life, please don't try it). I've been back on my music grind - and by grind I mean hard work that requires time and energy. I've been doing hip hop shows in and out of state; I released two mixtapes in 2011, each of which featured 19+ tracks (and can be found on www.datpiff.com if you search for Son of Sin; radio interviews, hip hop cyphers for Youtube videos; helped a few close friends develop their sound in music; attended meet-and-greets to make my face more familiar in places where it needs to be; linked up with my music partner Landie Love; created a new sound for myself (more on that later); been in music videos; recorded more music in one year than some artists do in a lifetime; all while maintaining a 7am - 5pm job and taking care of a family that includes twin-2-year-old sons who are attending school (not day care but actual school WITH HOMEWORK!). Now say all of that three times fast (while spinning on your knee shouting "I'm a B-Boy standing in my B-Boy Stance!"... I digress). I've done all of this to make my life richer with experience and to fully embrace my return to music. See writing? I did it all for you; I do love you, boo! (If she could, "writing" would probably slap me for that line.)

In my return to music, I've decided to forgo worrying about getting a major record deal, or being famous. I'm satisfied with making music and having it heard by the people who support me in whatever I do. To those people I say, thank you and I love you for always sticking by me and pushing me to do my best. With that said I've brought back the old Son of Sin who's a battle rapper gone introspective. Reflecting on past experiences from a few different perspectives. 2011 was dedicated to Son of Sin as well as Sdot Odot Sdot. Sdot Odot Sdot is the part of me that is more playful, easier to relate to, and can be played for a demographic ranging from 13-35. 2011 was the year of the Timeless Music Movement that I originated, and the name says it all.

2012 is dedicated to Sdot and his part in the W.A.S.H. Music Group's movement. Sdot is the playful partier who aims to have fun at any expense; for life is too stressful to keep the playful side of me trapped inside. We'll see how well my supporters take this other side of me. 2012 is dedicated to trying a new lane with my W.A.S.H. Music Group.
I don't know what life has in store for 2012, but I'm going to make sure whatever it is, is the result of hard work and dedication. Stay tuned.

P.S. - Whether it's school or home, my sons' vocabulary is well over 100 words and they can count to about 25...I will brag about them before anything else, I love my kids!!!

1 comment:

  1. "Writing" is obviously jealous, but secretly proud of all the things you've been doing... I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete